One of the key elements to consider when choosing a dog is the energy level of the dog. This will dictate how active and playful the dog can be and what kind of energy it can impart. Some dogs are more laid-back and energetic. These dogs can stay in a quiet routine. Others like to be active, energetic and playful. There are also those dogs that are somewhere in between, more laid back but not as energetic as the others.
There are plenty of breeds out there that can be energetic, laid back, playful, laid-back dogs but are just as energetic as the dogs that are more energetic. This can be seen when viewing the different breeds on a case-by-case basis. A laid-back dog can be as energetic as the laid-back one, just by the look of it.
There are also many varieties of dogs and breeds that are more laid-back dogs than others, just by how they look, the energy level they exude and their personalities.
Some dogs are there to be relaxed, relaxing dogs. This makes them laid-back dogs that do not give off a lot of energy or mood. They are also friendly dogs, friendly dogs who can be friendly to everyone.
There are also dogs that are friendly to other dogs, others that are not. For example, a friendly dog can be friendlier to other dogs than to other people. These friendly dogs are laid-back dogs that give off energy at times.
Here are the different types of dog energy, as taken from the book “Raising the Beast” by Donald Laubach:
* Gentle – Dogs with gentle energy show the greatest amount of affection towards their owners. These dogs are well-mannered and often have a playful side, but are much less likely to be energetic or excited than a dog with more laid-back energy. This may also be seen with their face, with a dog with a gentle face often having laid-back energy and still having a calm expression, and a relaxed face may still exude energy.
* Non-aggressive – Dogs with non-aggressive energy have a calm expression and are generally not interested in other dogs. This is generally seen in the face as they are non-aggressive dogs and still with a relaxed face yet still have the alert and energetic dog energy.
* Non-passive – Dogs with non-passive energy are the opposite, they are aggressive with their owner, other dogs and show a face full of energy. This is the kind of dog that is always ready to fight and they will also face away from people.
* Aggressive – Aggressive dogs are the ones that are always ready to fight, they will be full of aggression to the touch and will show aggression in their eyes.
As you can see, there are different energies of dogs. It does not mean that a dog will always display each energy, and all dogs will have one or more of these different energies. But what this means is that when a dog is a positive energy, you will feel it the first time you see them and with their body, their ears and the way they walk and run.
With aggressive dogs, if you were to touch them, you will feel a tingling sensation and they will be ready to bite. The reason this happens is that they are trying to protect themselves. They are showing that they are in control and would not want to see you or their owner hurt. Dogs that are aggressive, it is because they are showing their dominance and if they felt threatened they would definitely protect themselves.
In the same way, non-aggressive dogs are always calm. When you call them, they come and respond with a kind, friendly voice. They are also going to greet you in a relaxed way.
* Non-aggressive dogs – If a dog is calm and friendly, you can walk by them without having the feeling that they are showing that they are in charge. They are just pleasant dogs. This means if you are tired of your dog greeting you with an unfriendly voice, this is also the reason you should show your dogs a relaxed friendly voice. This is also the best way to train your dogs.
It is very important to be aware of the energy of your dog. So the next time you walk or run by a dog and see them show negative or aggressive energy, just turn and walk away. It is also crucial for the dog to see that you are leaving them alone. This would help them to understand that they are not welcome here and they can go back to wherever they were.